CP is a function primarily used by Administrators, giving them an overview of all users on the eSchools platform. Within CP you can see details on individual users, change modules for user types, create groups and white/blacklist words within the bad language filter.
Sections and their definition:
● Users – view details on individual users and add new users
● Modules – set functions for particular User Types
● Rooms – view Rooms entered into your school MIS
● Classes – filter users by specific classes
● Subjects – View codes for subjects (specifically for middle and secondary schools)
● Year Groups – Filter users by Year Group
● Groups – Create specific groups to assist with targeted communications
● Quicklinks – manage external links for User Types
● Language Filter – white/blacklist words from triggering the bad language alert
● Users – Click on a name to view or change details in the resulting pop-up window. Be aware that your MIS will overwrite any changes made here so it always best to make changes in your MIS. These changes will automatically overwrite the information in eSchools. From here you can also join accounts for users who have multiple logins (a teacher who is also a parent for example). Most new users will also need to be added to your MIS, exceptions to this would include Governors and temporary staff. To add a new user click on ‘Create New User’ (1) and enter the details in the pop-up window.
● Modules – You may wish to restrict the number of functions available for your user types; for example you may not want to give the ‘Files’ function to Contacts. To do this click on a user type and on the resulting pop-up window, drag the modules from the Active to the Disabled column or vice versa to enable them (1).
● Rooms and Subjects - Schools that use Timetables can use the listed subjects here and rooms either entered into SIMS or added to eSchools manually.
● Classes - view the members of each class on the class list. Looking at the column titled ‘Members’, you can see the number of students + Teachers (1).
Click on the name of the class to see more options. Here, you can deactivate discussions, apply attendance and dinner registers as well as share homepages and attach additional teachers (2).
● Groups – Create your own specific groups by using this facility. Click ‘Create New Group’ and fill in the fields in the resulting pop-up window. These groups will be retained on the platform for use within the Calendar, Messages, Letters Home and Text Sender functions.
● Quicklinks – add links to external websites on the dashboard of specific user types using Quicklinks. Click on the User Type in question and click the ‘Add Quicklink’ button (1). Fill in the details to add this link to that user’s dashboard (please note that Quicklinks for Students will appear on a secondary format dashboard).
● Language Filter – There are over 300 words currently stored in the language filter, but new words can be white/blacklisted. To allow a word, add it to the text box (1) within the ‘Allowed Words’ tab (2). To block a word add it to the text box within the ‘Not Allowed Words’ tab. Blocked words will automatically be asterisked out, and a message revealing the word will be sent to that pupil’s teacher.