Send texts to parents’ mobiles directly using the Text Sender function. Parents who have downloaded the free Parent App will receive the message on their mobile or tablet devices, saving the school the cost of the text. This function takes contact information directly from the school’s MIS, automatically updating your eSchools platform on a regular basis. Letters Home can be sent to individuals or groups of users.
Sections and their definition:
● Compose – Title and write your message, select participants and use the formatting tools
● Save As Draft/ Cancel – Preview or cancel your message or save it as a draft for future use
● Create templates – Create text templates to reuse again and again.
● View Saved/Sent/ Trash folders – View previous texts and the participants they went to
● Review & Send – Edit who your message goes to on the review screen
● Compose your text message – Add the names of the individuals or groups that you would like the text to go to (1) and then select the types of users attached to the recipients you’d like to receive the text message (2). When writing your text you have 160 characters in which to write your message (3) the characters remaining will count down as you type. Cancel or save the message for future use by using the tools at the top.
● Review and Send – Click ‘Send Now’ which will take you through to the Review Screen. From here you can quickly view and edit the list of recipients, or filter them by responsibility and priority (4). You can also see the method in which the recipient will receive the text message (5). Recipients without the Parent App or an email address will still be able to see the text message by logging into the platform.
● Create Templates – To create a template for repeated use, click ‘Templates’ on the initial Text Sender screen. Click ‘Create New Template’ and then compose your message in the pop-up window.